It is the goal of VASSP to support each member’s responsibilities and rights in the fulfillment of the role of principal or assistant principal within expected division, state and professional standards. Assistance may be informal or formal depending on the member’s requests and/or needs. In all situations, VASSP’s involvement will be professional, confidential and respectful of all parties. VASSP provides the following assistance:
- Counseling on job-related issues, backed by the experience and resources of VASSP’s professional staff.
- Analysis of written and verbal communications and facts related to the problem.
- Mediation with the parties involved.
- Recommendations and review of an improvement plan.
- Assistance in selecting a third-party fact finder.
- Assistance in obtaining legal counsel with experience in school-related issues.